FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE Contact: David Armijo
Date: October 4, 2016 Executive Director, 575-323-1620
SCRTD October 26 Board Meeting - Cancelled.
or more information, log onto http://www.scrtd.org or call 575-323-1620.
SCRTD provides public transportation throughout the Mesilla Valley.
New Expanded Bus Service Begins
Monday, July 18th
Beginning Monday, July 18 new expanded bus service on both the Red and Purple routes and limited trips on the Turquoise route, formerly the Orange route. The Red route will have four additional daily trips, with additional morning and evening service. While the Purple line will have two additional midday trips. The Orange route is now the Turquoise route and will operate during the midday only with two round trips between Anthony and Chaparral.
These changes with expanded services, and are being implemented in response to customer service demand. The additional service is being provided at no additional cost and will be operated within the SCRTD’s Fiscal Year 2016-2017 budget.
DACC and NMSU students.
We offer bus service to the NMSU campus and all of the DACC campus locations. Check ROUTES/SCHEDULES pull down tab.
- See Yellow route for service from east mesa to DACC and NMSU.
- Transit hub for the south valley is in Anthony. All south valley routes connect at Anthony.
- Red route offers service from Anthony to NMSU with several pickup points between Anthony and NMSU.
- Blue route goes between Anthony and the RoadRUNNER MVITT center in Las Cruces. Can transfer there to get to NMSU or DACC.
- Purple route offers service between Sunland Park and Anthony with a stop at the Sunland Park near the DACC campus.
- Turquoise route goes from Anthony to Chaparral and includes stops at the DACC Gadsden Center and the DACC Chaparral Learning Center.
- Fare is $1 each way.
South County Centers
Gadsden Center – 1700 E. O’Hara Road, Anthony, NM 88021 – Telephone 575-882-3939 – Google Map
Sunland Park Center – 3365 McNutt Road, Sunland Park, NM 88063 – Telephone 575-874-7780 – Google Map
DACC operates two centers in the southern portion of Doña Ana County. The Gadsden Center is located immediately to the east of O’Hara Road overpass at Interstate 10 in Anthony. The Sunland Park Center is located on McNutt Road, approximately three and a half miles south of Country Club Road.
Chaparral Learning Center
755 Prescott Anthony Drive, Chaparral, NM 88081. Telephone 575-824-2000 – Google Map
Located near the southeastern corner of Doña Ana County, the Chaparral Center, which opened in Spring 2012, is situated adjacent to Chaparral High School. The 6,200-square-foot center offers freshman- and sophomore-level coursework, including dual-credit courses for high school students.
It also is the site of the Adult Basic Education program in Chaparral. Refer to the Adult Basic Education website for more information.